Quick Latin Translation
n***@gmail.com
2015-12-12 13:48:16 UTC
the enemy of my enemy is my friend
n***@gmail.com
2015-12-12 13:49:59 UTC
Is history, is a philosophical and very important medieval phrase
the enemy of my enemy is my friend
Evertjan.
2015-12-12 15:45:45 UTC
Post by n***@gmail.com
the enemy of my enemy is my friend
Seems you are responding on a posting of 15 Feb 2005,
and that without quoting the original.

Bit silly, ain't it?
--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
m***@gmail.com
2017-02-08 02:59:54 UTC
Would someone be able to tell me the correct latin for the old saying "The
enemy of my enemy is my friend"
Thanks,
M. Storm
The correct answer would be; Inimicus inimici mei amicus meus est.
Evertjan.
2017-02-08 09:19:59 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Would someone be able to tell me the correct latin for the old saying "The
enemy of my enemy is my friend"
The correct answer would be; Inimicus inimici mei amicus meus est.
"A" correct answer, perhaps, there could be many.

Or there being no need for "est":

"Hostis hostis mei amicus meus."
--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
Athel Cornish-Bowden
2017-02-10 20:11:22 UTC
Post by Evertjan.
Post by m***@gmail.com
Would someone be able to tell me the correct latin for the old saying "The
enemy of my enemy is my friend"
The correct answer would be; Inimicus inimici mei amicus meus est.
"A" correct answer, perhaps, there could be many.
"Hostis hostis mei amicus meus."
Not all that quick, though. M. Storm has been waiting nearly 17 years
for this information.
athel
Evertjan.
2017-02-10 21:06:22 UTC
Post by Athel Cornish-Bowden
Post by Evertjan.
Post by m***@gmail.com
Would someone be able to tell me the correct latin for the old saying
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"
The correct answer would be; Inimicus inimici mei amicus meus est.
"A" correct answer, perhaps, there could be many.
"Hostis hostis mei amicus meus."
Not all that quick, though. M. Storm has been waiting nearly 17 years
for this information.
Eleleu!
Amicus facticiosus alius?

[Ah, another quick-answer fetishist?]